This post is in partnership with Verde Farms. All opinions are my own.
We’re all about a great steak dinner around here and sadly, the crazy St. Louis weather and busy schedules have prevented us from enjoying one.
Verde Farms has recently come out with a Simply Sous Vide collection of their 100% grass-fed, 100% free-range beef that is heat & serve ready. From steaks, steak strips, and shredded beef there is an option perfect for your next meal. No need to turn on your grill, you can easily do this in a pan and have a Steakhouse dinner on the table in no time! As a busy mom who likes to have a family meal when schedules permit, this is the perfect option for us.
Knowing our weekly schedule, I wanted to have that Steakhouse Dinner as a surprise. I picked up the Simply Sear It! Steakhouse Ribeyes, some fresh produce including green beans, mushrooms, and carrots for our sides, and got to work. Let me tell you more about Verde Farms and their delicious Simply Sous Vide collection and give you a peek at all of those yummy veggies.
Verde Farms believes that any meal can be an occasion. I’m all about celebrating all the little moments too! Keeping their products Simple, Honest, and Real. Their 100% grass-fed, 100% free-range beef is the name of their game that never contains added hormones or antibiotics. They are raised by family farmers who respect all involved, from the land, the animals, and ultimately, the consumer. Their goal is to help you make a memorable meal. Of course, you know around here we’re all about making those family memories.
What is Sous Vide?
Sous vide is French for “under vacuum.” This is a unique method of cooking where food is slowly cooked in a temperature-controlled water bath in a vacuum-sealed pouch. When prepared this way, the juices and flavors are locked inside the meat and ensures it’s cooked throughout.
Simply Sear It! Steakhouse Ribeye
So let’s talk about these steaks. They could not be easier to prepare. Since they have already been through the Sous Vide cooking process, you just have to kiss them with a quick sear. All you need a medium-high heat on your stove, a great pan and you’re ready to SEAR! I used a cast-iron skillet, but any nonstick pan would be great. Don’t worry, the step-by-step instructions are on the package too.
As a recap, the Simply Sear It! Steakhouse Ribeye is
- 100% Grass-Fed, 100% Grass-Finished, Fully Cooked Beef
- 100% Organic
- 100% Free Range
- Never Contains Antibiotics
- Never Contains Added Hormones
- Heat & Serve – Ready in 6 Minutes
I had the grill master help me out to prepare and he said it was pretty easy. As someone who enjoys grilling, he thought this was a great option for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
Just a quick 90 second sear on each side and then let it rest. Perfect opportunity to finish up the other sides.
How good does that look? Check out the recipes below for all three veggies.
This quick and easy weeknight dinner with sides is perfect for a Steakhouse Dinner at home.
- 2 Verde Farms Sear It! Ribeye Steaks
- 1 LB Trimmed Green Beans
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 TSP Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 LB of Whole Carrots
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 1 Clove Sliced Garlic
- 1 1/2 Cup Chicken Stock
- 3 Sprigs of Thyme
- 16 Oz Package Mushrooms - Quartered
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 2 TSP Fresh Thyme
Verde Farms Ribeyes
- Remove from refrigerator to take the chill off about 30 minutes before service.
- In a Medium High Pre-heated pan, add steak and juices to the pan. Sear one side of the steak for 90 seconds.
- Flip steak and sear for an additional 90 seconds.
- Let rest for 3 minutes and serve.
- Preheat Oven to 375
- In a Brasserie or pan with a lid, add butter, garlic, carrots, a pinch of salt and pepper, and cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
- Add Thyme and Chicken Stock. Cover and put in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve. Discard Thyme stems.
- In a Saute pan, combine olive oil and garlic until fragrant (about 30-60 seconds)
- Add green beans and water. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes. Season with Salt & Pepper and Serve.
- In a saute pan, combine oil and mushrooms. Cook for 10-15 minutes until they reduce in size.
- Add thyme, salt, and pepper and serve.
I'd suggest starting the carrots first as they will take the most time, then the mushrooms followed by the steaks and then finally the green beans.
I picked up our Verde Farms products at our local Schnucks, but be sure to search and see where they are located near you.
Tell me, what are your must-have sides to go with your Steakhouse dinner at home?