This post may contain affiliate links. A small portion of sales will go towards supporting And Hattie Makes Three.
Realizing that I haven’t really blogged about how I’ve survived not wearing Lilly for the past 6ish months finally crept up on me! This past week, I ordered 2 summer dresses as I can’t wait to fit back into all my old clothes again. One can only wear so stretchy cotton and demi panel jeans, right?
So, I thought I’d highlight my top 5 favorite maternity items that have gotten me through the past 6+ months.
1) Demi Panel Maternity Jeans from Old Navy. Believe it or not, I don’t like the high waisted maternity jeans that all my friends just LOVE. I have a pair, and they won’t stay up. I picked up 2 pairs of the exact same pair of these jeans back when I first found out I was prego, and they have lasted the entire time. I had my mom hem one pair shorter – the short length still wasn’t short enough.
2) The Body Shop Shower Cream in Brazil Nut – I’ve always been super lazy about putting lotion on anytime. Year ago, I found shower creams as good alternatives as you put in on in the shower and rinse off. This smells heavenly and it keeps my tummy looking semi okay. Bonus – there is a $20 for $10 Groupon going on right now. I always snag that up.
3) Old Navy Jersey Maternity Tanks. Now, there is a ribbed wife beater style top, and the other one. You want the other one! It doesn’t have the I’M PREGNANT rouching on the sides which is nice. They are also super long that in the beginning you can get away with wearing them with leggings – as pants. I know, I know…but if your butt is covered, totally okay in my book. I have 4 of these and I pair them with my pre-prego cardigans and scarves. Super cute.
4) Tieks – This is a last minute addition to my top 5 only because I got my first pair a little over a month ago. As a Tory Burch Reva lover, I may have found a pair of shoes to cheat on my Revas with. I have wide feet so sometimes it takes a while to break in a pair. I got the camel colored pair and I’m in heaven. So much so that I ordered a 2nd pair this week in black. The fun quirk of the teal makes them fun and so many people ask what they are. Love them!
5) Aveeno Ultra-Calming Moisturizer – I’ve always been a big fan of the pricier moisturizers, but early on my face was not having any of it. Then my BFF mentioned something about calming lotions and off to Target I went. I ended up picking up the entire Aveeno Calming collection with foaming face wash, scrub and moisturizer. A couple of days later, my face was back to it’s normal self.
So that is my little list. It’s so strange to think I haven’t gone crazy buying lots of clothes over the past 6 months. Just basic staples to get me through January.
What are/were some of your maternity must haves?