This post may contain affiliate links. A small portion of sales will go towards supporting And Hattie Makes Three.
Happy New Year! It is officially January 5th and I haven’t touched my blog since Christmas Eve. You know what? It was a much needed break from the self imposed crazy. It gave me a lot of time to reflect and think about the year that was and the year that will be.
I know everyone says that this year will be the year, but you know what? Maybe it will be. I’ve jumped into 2016 with a new focus, new goals and plans for myself, my family, my blog. I’m excited to get jump started into everything. When I was thinking about what my focus would be for the year, I started to think about my women’s group from earlier this year. We spent a week discussing how to live an authentic life and that really stuck with me. So much of the time with blogging and social media you want to put your best foot forward, but you’re really just showing your highlight reel.
So this year, and for the first year, I’ve decided to chose a word. Intention. But not just a word – Intention with Grace. You can use a word all you want, but at the end of the day, grace needs to be in the mix. So this year, I’m focusing on what’s important, tuning out the noise, deepening relationship and living life intentionally.
So with that being said, here are my 10 Goals I’ve put in place for the year:
1) Blog – focus on content, photography, building relationship with other amazing bloggers (I’ve met so many!) and great companies I’ve partnered with in the past. At the end of the day, relationships are the foundation of everything, right? Also, brainstorm for more evergreen content, and a potential series with other bloggers.
2) Friends – You know when you were little and adults always said don’t speak until you’ve been spoken to? Well, I need to stop that (I’m 34) and pick up the phone and see my people. Friends are the family you chose to have, so I need to focus on that. Oh, and all my local blog friends who say we should hang out – we’re doing it this year! Drinks, dinner, play dates – it’s happening!
3) Fitness – I’m going to continue my Pure Barre, boy do I love it. My goal is to continue to go 3-4x a week and add cardio 2 days a week to my routine. When it warms up, take Miss H outside and play.
4) Food – Continue with meal planning and make 5 dinners at home a week and stop eating a Chick-fil-a more than once a week! Guilty! Oh, and keep posting those drool worthy dinner pictures on Instagram. They make me hungry all over again! I should probably bake less, but that’s why I work out…balance. 🙂
5) Fashion – STOP Shopping/Spending! This one I really need to focus on a shopping break for 1 month. Anyone with me? It could be a great capsule collection blog post
6) Me Time – I’m super guilty of always running errands or getting things done for others at night time. Once a week I will plan to have a little me time. If that’s a bubble bath, or reading a book. Carving out a little quality time.
7) Spiritual/Church – Continue going to church weekly and get involved in my MOLOs and MOPs groups. Consider taking on a leadership position and deepen the relationships with the ladies in those groups. Also take a deeper dive bible group class and a martial counseling class. Always good to deepen those bonds.
8) Be Present – Put down the phone! No more aimless Facebook and Instagram scrolling. I don’t even want to know how much time I waste doing that. Stop it now.
9) Miss H – Focus on numbers and letters this year and potty training (at some point). Look for a new opportunity to join a Moms group for socialization (or get crazy and start my own). Begin considering Preschools or new classes for her to take.
10) Tidy – I thought after I read the Art of Tidying I’d have a spic-n-span house. Nah, I have a 2 year old! But, my goal this year is to follow my check list I’ve created doing 1 small chore and a load of laundry in hopes to have a less cluttery and clean house. If I keep those all in check, we still get to have our cleaning lady come, which is always added incentive!
So there are my goals and my word.
What are your plans or this year?