This post is in partnership with SheSpeaks/Kraft Heinz. All opinions are my own.
NEW KIND OF HOLIDAY SEASON
As we roll into the holiday season, I think we can all agree that things may look a little bit different. Spending time with our loved ones is so important and we still want to do it in a way that will be memorable and meaningful. Make this the year of trying something new—perhaps a new recipe or finding a new tradition for you to enjoy!
I love hosting our friends and family for small get-togethers. As much as I love putting together a full dinner spread, a casual get-together has been my favorite. We ask friends and family to bring a favorite appetizer and we have a smorgasbord of delicious options. Since I’m typically also having to make sure the house is ready, I like being able to whip up a make-ahead appetizer like my Loaded Potato Cheeseball. When I think of a loaded potato, I think of all of the awesome toppings that are piled high at a steakhouse. The hot potato is just a vessel for all those flavors and textures. What could be better than a cheeseball with all of those delicious flavors in one perfect bite?
I love that I can find everything that I need for this dish at Walmart. I regularly take advantage of the online ordering and pickup option to save myself time. If that’s not excellent time management, I’m not sure what is. Life can get so hectic around the holidays, it’s nice to know I can plan ahead and know I have everything I need for entertaining.
I think the star ingredient for this cheeseball is the Oscar Mayer® Bacon. You want good, delicious crispy bacon. Did you know that you can achieve that by baking your bacon in the oven? It’s less mess, easy cleanup, and perfect bacon every time. Just put your bacon on a parchment-lined baking sheet, put in a cold oven, and crank it up to 400. Let the bacon bake for 20-25 minutes and it is perfect every time. While that is baking away, I’d suggest setting out your Philadelphia® Cream Cheese for 30 minutes or so to take the chill off. Trust me, the softer your cream cheese is, the easier it will be to combine.
After you chop up your bacon and herbs, you are ready to assemble. Evenly distribute the ingredients and form into a ball. Ideally, you want to see flecks of everything including the Kraft® Shredded Cheese all over. You can wrap your ball in plastic wrap and let firm up in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours. Right before you serve, roll your ball in the reserved bacon and herb mixture. It’s just so pretty to look at. As for dippers? The sky is the limit. I love to bring home that loaded potato concept with kettle chips. It’s just one delicious bite.
I just love the flecks of herbs on the cheese ball. It reminds me of a Christmas tree and brings back great memories.
All of your favorite baked potato toppings in one delicious bite! Served with fresh Kettle Chips or crackers, this cheese ball is the perfect appetizer for any upcoming event!
- 6 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, prepared and chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup KRAFT Sharp Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon LEA & PERRINS Worcestershire Sauce
- FOR COATING - 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- FOR COATING - 2 slices of OSCAR MAYER Bacon, prepared and chopped
- FOR COATING - 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Arrange 8 slices of uncooked bacon on a lipped baking sheet lined with parchment
paper. Put into the oven and set the temperature to 400°F. Let cook for 25 minutes or until
- Remove bacon from pan and let drain on a paper towel. Chop bacon into small pieces.
Set aside ¼ of the bacon (the equivalent of 2 slices) for coating.
- In a large bowl, combine softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mustard powder, the remaining chopped bacon, pepper, parsley, chives, and Worcestershire sauce together.
- Form into a ball about the size of a softball. Wrap in plastic wrap and set in the
refrigerator for 1-2 hours to firm up.
- Once chilled, combine coating ingredients and spread on a plate. Roll the ball in the mixture to coat.
- Serve with your favorite sturdy kettle chip, crudités, or crackers.
SHARE THE HOLIDAY SWEEPSTAKES
With so much talk about the holidays, let’s talk about an awesome sweepstakes. Enter the #ShareTheHolidaySweepstakes by clicking here for a chance to win daily prizes of $100 Walmart gift cards and a grand prize trip to visit loved ones (a $2,500 value). Plus, as a special gift from Walmart, you’ll be emailed a link to download a free digital cookbook of holiday favorites (including this delicious recipe!)
Try this recipe and all of the others in the digital cookbook for your next holiday gathering. It is sure to be a showstopper. What is a go-to appetizer when you entertain?