This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting And Hattie Makes Three.
Between trick-or-treating, trunk-or-treating and leftovers from our house, we seem to have quite the surplus candy laying around our home around this time of the year. As much as I’d love to take all the candy and eat it, my pants probably wouldn’t appreciate it. So instead, I thought I’d share 6 ideas to get rid of your Halloween Candy or use it in a creative way, like Halloween Candy Brownies, so that you’re not over indulging.
1) Operation Gratitude – Donate your extra candy to Operation Gratitude. They ship candy to the troops in every care package they send. You are responsible for shipping, so check out their website for additional details.
2) Soldier’s Angels – Treats for Troops collects candy for troops. Check out their website to see where a collection site is in your area.
3) Check Dentist Offices – Our local Dentist has done a buy back program and a donation program in the past. Check with dentists in your area to see if any are doing similar things.
3) Save that candy for your gingerbread houses you’ll be decorating soon!
4) Switch Witch – Foster healthy choices with the Switch Witch. This is a great way to get your kids to agree to no more candy. It’s adorable too!
5) Whip up some fun with these easy Halloween Candy Brownies. Just a little bit of chopping and a lot of fun, and you’ll have some fun brownies you can gift to a friend or have as a fun treat. These eyeball sprinkles are so fun, and they make the brownies so festive!
Easy Semi-homemade way to use up your Halloween Candy! Adding the candy at the last minute will insure that the candy does not melt completely or sink to the bottom of the brownie.
Easy Semi-homemade way to use up your Halloween Candy!
Adding the candy at the last minute will insure that the candy does not melt completely or sink to the bottom of the brownie.
This list will be updated annually. Are there any other ways you like to re-purpose Halloween candy?