St. Louis Blog focused on Family, Food, Style and STL Fun
January 8, 2016
This post may contain affiliate links. A small portion of sales will go towards supporting And Hattie Makes Three.
It is officially the first Friday Five of 2016! Love it! I am so excited because today, we’re hoppin’ on a plane and headed off to sunny Florida. It’s supposed to snow this weekend, and I’m quite okay with missing that. This week was pretty quiet, all of our activities seem to pick back up in the next week. Someone has a birthday next 1 week too! How do I almost have a 2 year old?? Hold Me Now. I’m sure we’ll have lots of birthday fun to share later in the the week, but today here is what we’re up to!
Here We Go!
1) Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale – Can we say annoying?! Lately I have started to fall out of love with my beloved Lilly. Why? So much drama, so much hype and too much reusing the same prints. Be original. I will say, I was excited because I snagged a dress I had been looking at and just wasn’t ready to pull the trigger and I got it half price on Amazon! However, the couple of things I did order online have all gotten here already. Impressive! If you follow me on snapchat, you saw my Irina. I LOVE it! I also got the other dress, but it’s definitely a spring/summer/need a tan dress. Miss H got a pair of leggings and a top and that was the extent of the sale. Did you find anything good?
2) Pure Barre – Well, since I was on a blog hiatus, I hit my 50 classes goal AND I hit 15 classes in one month. Pretty exciting! I was one of the first to sign the Founding Fifty board. My next goal is 100 when I get to sign the barre. Jeff got me CIZE for Christmas and a lot of sticky socks, so hopefully I’ll be able to do a combo of the two until Platform gets to our studio. I really think it will a game changer in the weight department for me! Bonus – gap just came out with the cutest Barre Collection. These leggings may have to be on my list for next month and I got this top yesterday. It’s perfect for these chilly winter mornings!
3) Drybar Buttercup – I took the plunge and got the ever so amazing Buttercup Blow Dryer. I had gotten a gift card and birthday money and I bit the bullet and went for it. The verdict? AMAZING. I was worried about spending so much and it not working, but I got my hair dry in half the time it usually does. I’m on day 2 of my home blow out and it looks pretty decent. I’ll report back one I have a better handle on the process – but so far, totally worth it!
4) Birthday Party Prep – We are having Miss H’s party the weekend after her birthday with a large family party. We rented a bouncy house place and we’ll order pizza and have cake. Pretty low key and I’m quite happy about it. Of course, I had to add a little party pizzazz to the mix. If you’ve checked out the $1 bin at Target lately they have had the cutest stuff and stripes and polka dots it is! I made some dum-dum center pieces and we’ll have some balloons too. I’m not stressing myself out like I did last year. No thank you. Quick, easy, and inexpensive. Perfect party to me!
5) Overnight Cinnamon Rolls – Many have asked where I get my yummy cinnamon roll recipe I posted the past week. It’s Sally’s Baking Addiction’s Overnight Cinnamon Rolls. I use a different frosting with just milk, vanilla and confectioners sugar. I went a little nuts this past time. Oops! I’ve made these a few times now and they are fool proof! Try them!
Have a great weekend and make some cinnamon rolls!