This post has been sponsored by Beauty Brands. All opinions are my own. #MyBBLook #BeautyBrands
It’s been a couple months since I first shared with you my hair coloring journey with Beauty Brands. If you remember, I was a little nervous, anxious and overall just worried that the color wasn’t going to look like my color. Well, turns out all that worrying was for nothing because I’ve been loving my new look ever since! It’s been about 8 weeks since I first met Ali and I have to say between my first visit, and then my follow up visit a couple weeks later to talk about styling my hair, I feel like I have a really great plan for my hair and styling needs.
I shared with you last time that with my new hair, I have a new outlook on life. What a difference a couple of months makes. I’ve put more of a focus on the right kind of self care, working on my fitness, and just putting myself first a little more often. It’s amazing how refreshed and revitalized you can be when you do that just a little bit. I know, definitely easier said than done for us moms out there. But, with the extra boost of color confidence from Ali, and some styling tips, I’ve been really glad at the progress I’ve made, and learned a few things about my hair along the way.
Here are some things I’ve learned –
- Don’t wash your hair every day. I already knew this one, but easier said than done. I’ve been working on blowing my hair completely dry. That’s critical. Moisture causes frizz, and that ruins a blow out. Ali suggested to rough dry your hair about a half way and then work in sections to smooth everything out. I’ve been doing a straight blow out, then day two go curls and day three go pony. That’s been working great.
- Use a Heat Protector – This is critical when you’re blowing you hair dry and using heat styling tools. Ali suggested the Moroccan Oil Perfect Defense Thermal Protection Spray.
- Blue Shampoo – This was a brand new to me concept, but this magical blue shampoo helps keep the brassiness away. Paired with the less frequent washing, my color is staying a darker shade with my highlights, which is perfect for fall. Ali suggested the Matrix Total Results Brass Off Shampoo, and I’ve really liked it. A little goes a long way!
- Book Your Next Appointment – When I was done, I was sure to book my next appointment for 8 weeks out. I feel so confident when my hair is on point, so setting aside a couple of hours every other month is worth it to me to feel my best. Bonus, one less thing to have to schedule. Make the time for yourself.
- Have a Hair Plan – We talked about our next appointment and my hair goals between now and then. We’re working on growing my hair, so regular trims and color upkeep will be perfect until I get to the desired length. It’s also so helpful to have photos. I have a Pinterest Board of just hair, and I can easily share ideas when I come for an appointment. We also talked about pricing, we talked about a plan that is not going to make out my budget, but still give me that cool hip mom look.
This has been such a fun experience and really letting a new side of me show. They had it right when they said hair color was one of the best inventions ever made! Beauty Brands makes it all so easy, and bonus, I have a 20% off coupon for your first visit. Find a location near you, and you can even book online. I truly believe I have that extra pep in my step because I set aside the time for me, and boosted my confident with saying goodbye to the gray.
What do you to for self care?
Photography By Megh Christine Photography