I just love fresh corn in the summer don’t you? There is something about the sweetness and that burst of flavor that just reminds me of all the good things about summer. Usually we just grill our corn on the cob, but I recently learned about the OXO Corn Prep Peeler and it has completely changed my side dish game.
I love the classic spin on their Mexican Street Corn. You may even have most of the ingredients already in your pantry. I had 4 ears of corn for the recipe and was able to remove all the kernels in just seconds. It was quick, easy and did a great job of removing all the kernels from the cob. I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to maneuver.
The OXO Corn Prep Peeler has a specially designed blade that quickly (and safely) zips through ears of corn, thoroughly removing kernels and leaving cobs behind. You can use the peeler with fresh or cooked corn.
All OXO Peelers include
- The same Japanese stainless steel blades as our iconic Swivel Peeler – they’re super sharp, long-lasting and won’t rust.
- The compact design is easy to maneuver around fruits and vegetables, can be gripped multiple ways for maximum comfort.
- Dishwasher Safe.
Jazz up your next meal with warm and delicious easy Mexican Street Corn. The perfect twist on your corn staple.
- 4 Ears corn, shucked
- 1 TBSP Butter
- 1 Lime
- 2 TBSP Mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup Crumbled queso fresco
- ¼ Cup Cilantro leaves minced
- ¼ Jalapeño pepper minced and deseeded
- Shave the kernels off of the corn.
- Preheat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, add the butter and corn kernels, and cook, without stirring and turn golden brown in spots, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir and toast some more, without stirring, another 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and stir in 1 or 2 tablespoons water to loosen.
- Juice half of the lime over the corn. Cut the other lime-half into wedges and set aside. Stir the mayonnaise into the corn with half of the cotija, most of the cilantro, the minced jalapeño , and the chili. Season to taste with salt. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro, and cotija and serve warm.
Try this easy side dish at your next event and it is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. The hint of heat with the cheese is the perfect combination. With the the OXO Corn Prep Peeler, you’ll be whipping up this tasty classic in no time.
How do you eat your corn on the cob?