This post may contain affiliate links. A small portion of sales will go towards supporting And Hattie Makes Three.
I have a really bad habit of last minute inviting people over to dinner. The house is a mess, I have nothing fancy planned and yet I want to look like I have been planning this for days. I want to be the Hostess with the Mostess, doesn’t everyone?
A long time ago, I learned that you needed to take a little help from the grocery store in order to pull off the perfect dinner party. I always plan on preparing 1 item maybe 2 if I have time and then all else is store bought. I applied my method to this last minute dinner party and it was a hit! I love that I can do simple entertaining with the help of Barilla, Pepperidge Farm and Tom Gore Wines.
- 1 Box Barilla Pronto Penne
- 4 Sausage Links – I used Andouille, but Italian sausage or Kielbasa would work too!
- 1/2 Cup Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Pesto – Store bought or homemade (Barilla Pesto would be great!)
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 3 Cups Water
- Slice the sausage into coins and brown both sides in a skillet over medium high heat. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet add 3 cups of water and 1 box of Barilla Pasta Pronto Penne and turn temperature to high. You’ll want to make sure the pasta is completely covered with water. Cook for 10 mins. Be sure to stir occasionally to prevent pasta from sticking.
- The last 2 minutes, add in the pesto, sun dried tomatoes and sausage back into the pot. Stir to combine.
- Serve and garnish with Parmesan Cheese.