‘Tis the season for cookies! I love Christmas cookies and one of my favorites is an adaptation of Red’s M&M Cookies that I have been making for years. When I first started blogging I was invited to host a cookie party and the recipe was included in the box of goodies for the party and I’ve been making them ever since. In true Jen fashion, I’ve been adjusting and tweaking a recipe to fit what I love. I generally always add more vanilla and salt to every recipe, I just love that combo. While I call these Christmas cookies mainly because of the red and green M&Ms, you could most certainly make these cookies any time you’d like. Heck, pick out just the green and do St. Patrick’s Day. Go crazy!
Now my goal with chewy sugar cookies is to have more of a sugar cookie with a few M&M, not a Chocolate Chip style M&M cookie. I feel like there is a difference. Our local grocery store has more of a sugar cookie feel with the M&Ms feeling like an afterthought more than anything. Either way, you can’t go wrong.
Let’s get to the cookies, but before we do that, how cute is this set from Precious Moments? They sent it as a gift last year, and it is adorable!
Don’t these look like heaven?
Christmas M&M Cookies
These chewy festive Christmas M&M Cookies are the perfect sweet treat for your holiday cookie swap or a couple for Santa.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups M&M’S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and both sugars until well blended. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together. Slowly incorporate ingredients into the butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Fold in the M&M’S® and chill the dough for 1 hour or overnight.
- Use a cookie scoop and set onto a lightly greased tray, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes for chewier cookies.
Other Cookie Recipes
Check out my other cookie recipes including
Leave a Reply