Happy Friday. It is 2 days into summer and it is officially HOT! This week we’ve been in the mid 90’s all week. I thought June was supposed to be the pleasant month! Well, it’s not. I just want pools, fruity drinks and all the Gilmore Girls!
I’m teaming up with some of my favorite bloggers to offer my Friday Five!
Here We Go…
1) Vacation – So I’m so excited to share that because of this little blog that could, we are adding 1 extra week of vacation to our schedule later this year! As a SAHM, it makes me SO excited that I was able to earn the money to do this for my family. As you know we’ve always gone to SW Florida for vacation and I decided that it was time for a change and a new family vacation spot! Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love going to visit my grandparents, but now it’s time for us to make our own family memories. After lots of research, talking to friends and lots of online looking – we are officially going to 30A! I booked us the cutest bungalow in Seagrove and a photographer for beach photos. I can’t wait! I hope that this can be annual trip and we make lots and lots of family memories. Until then, I’ll just pool hop and catch my rays at home!
2) Snarfs – Last week I had the opportunity to attend the grand opening on Snarf’s Skinker location! We had such a fun time. I took Marcy with me as my +1 and we got to try as many sandwiches, shakes and chips as we wanted! Super delicious! We even ran into Liz! There are 4 locations in the area, so definitely check them out if you’re in the area! I tweeted all about it if you want to see more pics!
Photo by Sarah Cates
3) Curtains – We’ve lived in our house for almost 9 years. The first thing I did when we moved in was put up curtains in our living room. Thick, heavy satiny curtains with a valance. It’s a big window, so I thought it needed some love. Fast forward to now and I needed a change. So on a whim I ordered curtains and a rod at Target.com and 4 days later they were here. I’m too lazy to go to the store sometimes.
Here is the before (don’t mind the mess, you know a toddler lives here)
SO MUCH more light in the room and the white on the curtains are almost sheer and put lots of light into the room. Bonus the room looks so much bigger! We’ve been having lots of talk lately about remodeling our kitchen (hello, Fixer Upper style) or building a new house. After looking at a few new builds, we decided this house is perfect and I just need new floors and a kitchen. We’ve got good bones, a good location and a great school district. We’ll stick with it.
4) Yelp Elite Martini Party – Years ago I was Yelp Elite and then after I had Miss H I just fell off the Yelp wagon. Luckily my BFFie did not and always takes me as her +1 to events! Wednesday we went to the Martini Party and had so much fun!
5) Jeni’s Ice Cream – Jeni’s has their new summer flavors in and you have to go try them! Not a sponsored post, just excellent ice cream! I got the Atlantic Beach Pie – which is sweet cream ice cream, vanilla pudding and saltines. HOLY YUM! Don’t miss that one! There is a birch & marshmallow one that tastes just like root beer floats and a buttermint one. Be still my heart. We may need another date night soon because I want to try all the flavors! Do you have a favorite Jeni’s flavor?
Have a wonderful Father’s Day Weekend!