- 2 Eggs
- 2 Sticks of Butter (Softened)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp Flax Seed
- 4 tbsp Water
- 4 tbsp Brewers Yeast (Whole Foods Sells this)
- 3 Cups Old Fashioned Oats (Quick Oats are fine too)
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (Or Chunks, or Peanut Butter Chips – whatever you like)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1. Preheat Oven 350
- Combine water and flaxseed and let sit for 5 mins
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda & brewers yeast
- Add butter & sugar into stand mixer and beat until smooth.
- Add eggs to mixer and beat to combine
- Add vanilla and flaxseed mixture
- Add flour mixture
- Fold in oatmeal and chocolate chips
- Use ice cream scoop onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake 12-16 mins* Side note – the $1 Store sells pre cut parchment paper 10 for $1. They are perfect. One of my top 10 items to have! Buy 3 at a time! Just do it. Trust me.
Now I will say – those are pretty good sized cookies, about 1/4 cup scoop. You could certainly go down to a cookie sided scoop or even use 2 spoons and make bigger ones. When I bake them, I do a half batch and bake for 13 mins on parchment. If I am thinking ahead, I’ll sit my eggs and butter out the night before too. It seems to give it a chewier cookie.
Now for my friends who are not breastfeeding, feel free to omit the brewers yeast. It will still make a delicious cookie that everyone will enjoy! Who doesn’t love oats and chocolate chips?
Great news is I got a text message yesterday saying the cookies were helping! It makes me so happy to hear that! Breastfeeding is hard work and anything to make it easier I am game for!